Breast Implant Options
At the Personal Enhancement Center, Dr. Christopher Godek performs a number of breast enhancement procedures. Two of the most popular procedures are breast augmentation and breast lift with implants. During the consultation process, one of the main goals is determining which type of implant you will want. There are two basic options: saline and silicone breast implants. Once this decision is made, you and Dr. Godek will focus on the size and shape of the implant, and continue to define a treatment plan and expected idea for the cosmetic outcome that will lead to the enhancement you desire.
How Do I Know if I Want Saline or Silicone Breast Implants?
Deciding on a type of implant is extremely important, and Dr. Godek makes a point to discuss each patient’s individual cosmetic goals and concerns before beginning to define the rest of the treatment process. The main goal for our entire New Jersey plastic surgery practice is to come to a realistic goal based on patient expectations, body type, medical history, and a host of other influential factors, and then deliver the cosmetic results we have both discussed and agreed upon.
Saline Breast Implants
- Approved by the FDA for use in patients aged 18 and over
- Comprised of a silicone outer shell and filled with saline (a salt-water solution)
- Have been used in breast enhancement procedures for many years and are able to create beautiful and natural-looking results
Silicone Breast Implants
- Approved by the FDA for use in breast augmentation patients over the age of 22 (and for breast reconstruction patients of any age)
- Made of a silicone outer shell & filled with a thick silicone gel
- Less likely to ripple, a better choice for patients with thinner skin or a thinner body frame